USATF Certified Cross-Country and Endurance Coach
Nutrition Consultant and Run Coach
ASPIRE Director of Sport Science
D1 Hoover Strength and Performance Coach
ROXANNE ST. MARTIN
Run Evaluation and Assessment
USATF Certified cross-country and endurance coach
Joey brings 40 years of running experience and knowledge to the team. Competing on the state and national level as a youth and high school athlete, he now runs for enjoyment and overall health and will occasionally gear up for a targeted race. Either way, you will still find him on the track doing interval workouts or throwing the javelin as a masters competitor. Running has been a true life-long passion that he shares with his family and through the creation of The Wine 10K. This is the passion and drive he brings to each client at ASPIRE!
PhD and Masters, Nutritional Sciences and BS in Exercise Physiology / Elite marathoner
Dr. Rachel Davis spearheads ASPIRE’s Comp(EAT) & Achieve Nutrition Education program and as an elite marathoner, will also serve as a run coach for RunASPIRE. Spending nearly a decade at UAB, she competed in track and cross-country during her undergraduate studies before moving up to the marathon distance while in graduate school. Her mission is to use this skillset to encourage, educate, and coach proper nutrition practices while enforcing food as fuel. Given the amount of incorrect (and even dangerous) nutrition content on the internet, Rachel aims to educate against restrictive fad diets often employed by adult and youth athletes alike.
Certified and Licensed Athletic Trainer
Susanna is a certified and state-licensed athletic trainer and serves as Director of Sports Science for ASPIRE Sports Institute. She designed and directs ASPIRE’s innovative rest and recovery lab, developing programs for youth to professional athletes. Susanna is certified in myofascial decompression techniques (cupping), as well as blood flow restriction training. She is also trained in thermography, a tool utilized in the recovery lab to identify areas of overuse for the athlete. While not an avid runner herself, Susanna does enjoy and participate in the occasional 5k or 10k. She is thrilled to serve the athletes in RunASPIRE by coordinating sports medicine coverage and connecting them to their next step, whether it’s an initial injury evaluation, a physician appointment, physical therapy, recovery programs, or injury treatment. In her free time, Susanna enjoys working out, playing with her boxer-mix, Bingo, and spending time with her friends and family. Susanna is passionate about ASPIRE’s mission to provide comprehensive wellness to athletes and the Birmingham community all at one convenient location.
USA Weightlifting: Sport Performance Coach
National Strength and Conditioning Association: Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with Distinction, Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach.
DJ serves as the head strength and conditioning coach for D1 Hoover located in the ASPIRE Sports Institute space. DJ coordinates and works with all athletes from kids just learning about conditioning to pro athletes preparing for their season. DJ has devoted his talents to helping athletes become stronger and faster and understands working with nutrition and recovery are essential to performance.
Roxanne St. Martin
Rox, is a 20 yr veteran in the healthcare field with clinical specialties and board certifications in Sports Physical Therapy, Movement Links and Athletic Training therefore brings a broad and eclectic approach to the treatment and care of the active and athletic population. “What this means is that I can do a lot with just me!! I bring a passion to serve, care and educate people who want to take their health and fitness to the next level while minimizing the risk of injuries.”
What are YOUR Goals?
Your needs are unique and our team is ready to help you with an individualized approach!
ALL INCLUSIVE MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM
$250 per month
- Personalized run coaching for beginners to experienced athletes.
- Unlimited use and access to group strength classes with our in-house strength partner D1 Hoover (5AM / 6AM / 8:30AM classes available M thru F). Including shower facilities.
- Unlimited use of NormaTec recovery boots, Hypervolt, and MarcPro electric muscle stimulation in our relaxing Rest and Recovery Lab (8AM to 6PM Monday thru Friday).
- 2x per month thermography scans to identify potential injury points with our director of sports science, Susanna Shivers, ATC/LAT.
- Access to our on-staff licensed and certified athletic trainer, Susanna Shivers.
- Access to certified nutrition program with Dr. Rachel Davis.
- Use of our indoor track (5 laps to a mile). Available 6AM to 9PM Monday thru Thursday and until 6PM on Friday.
- Membership perks with our shoe partner Trak Shak (Hoover)
- Entry to ASPIRE Sports Institute Wine 10K or 5K on March 6, 2021.
- Includes once a week in-person or zoom update call.
- Personalized run coaching: $120 per month (trainer / nutrition / indoor track included). Includes once a week in-person or zoom update call.
- Unlimited group strength classes: $120 per month (trainer / nutrition / indoor track included)
- Unlimited use of NormaTec recovery boots, Hypervolt, and MarcPro electric muscle stimulation in our relaxing Rest and Recovery Lab (8AM to 6PM Monday thru Friday): $45 per month
- Thermography Scan: $25 per scan
- Access to our on-staff certified athletic trainer, Susanna Shivers (included with any program)
- Access to certified nutrition program (included with any program)
- Use of our large indoor track, 5 laps per mile (included with any program)
- Membership perks with our shoe partner, Trak Shak (Hoover)
Personalized run coaching: $100 per month. Includes access to our in-house trainer and nutrition via zoom/text/phone as needed. Includes once a week in-person or zoom update call.